Bent Ear was founded in 1997 by Simeon Davies & Sean Mortimer *
We are an award-winning sound design & music creative audio house based in Manchester, the North West of England.
We've 20 years' experience of creating sound design and composing music for commercials, heritage, digital, film shorts, radio and audio branding.
We can guide you from the early audio briefing stage, create the music and sound design and mix and master your audio.
Over the years we've found that great results happen when audio is considered early in the process.
We are renowned for:
- our attention to detail
- maintaining high creative standards
- a weapons-grade shit filter
A few examples of how we work:
- we used St.Paul's Cathedral as a huge echo-chamber for the StPaul's Cathedral "Oculus" Exhibition.
- we've tormented the accelerator and engine on Lewis Hamilton's F1 car to make VERY loud melodies for McLaren in partnership with S.A.P.
- we've used an old onion as a maraca for Subway's Eat Fresh Campaign.
For all work, bar Broadcast (TV/Cinema), we can supply your mixed and mastered audio up to 192kHz, 24 Bit in WAV/AIFF/AU/FLAC/MP3 formats.
If you'd like to chat about a project and find out more about what we do, or just pop in for a coffee, call 0161 434 4921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are based in West Didsbury, Manchester.
Photo by Andrew Swarbrick.
Nominated for Best Sound Design, TV and Cinema, ICAD Awards 2013.
Nominated for two Sound Design awards in the International Music and Sound Awards in Cannes, 2013.
Nominated for Best Sound Design (Cinema Advertising, Branding) in the UK MAS Awards, 2013,2012.
Winner, Bronze Award for Best Sound design in a TV & Cinema campaign, by the Creative Circle, 2003.
Bent Ear use and endorse Prism Sound AD/DA converters, as used in the worlds' best studios.
* despite appearances, we are actually rather nice and we won't hurt you.